Using the success stories of the various public and major civil engineers listed here as inspiration, you can have a greater understanding of what it takes to have a successful state engineering career on your own terms.
So, here a success story of a leading civil engineer in India- Sherry Rakhra, who made her path from so many difficulties to a brighter present of success.
Here is a chronological life history order of Sherry:
- Sherry Rakhra was born in a small district of Patiala known as Nabha in the year 1989.
- She completed her schooling from Nabha itself and then appeared for the JEE- Joint Entrance Exam. She cracked the exam gracefully.
- She then got admission in the top college for engineering, and She got admission to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology (Now Thapar University).
- At Thapar University, Sherry completed her 3-year diploma in civil engineering.
- She won many gold medals there and passed every semester with a top position in her class.
- Sherry took a bus early in the morning to get to college and catch an evening bus to go back to Nabha.
- Sherry wished to pursue Civil Engineering, and it was necessary to get a Bachelor’s Degree in a reputed college. Here again, she secured a good position in the entrance test (LEET Examination) for admission. Then, she joined the popular DAV Institute Engineering & technology in Jalandhar, which is popular for the civil engineering course.
- After her Bachelor’s in Engineering, Sherry appeared for the entrance test for Master’s Engineering. Finally, Sherry joined one of India’s top reputed engineering colleges, i.e., P.E.C. University, Chandigarh, for the Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- She was well-known in the field, the college working HOD, impressed by Sherry, offered her a job in the consultancy cell of PEC University, but she rejected the offer as she didn’t want to join the corporate world yet.
Sherry’s amazing work throughout her career
Sherry was offered a job by the University where she studied for a Masters’s. He accepted the job and started working in the University’s construction department. Many other construction agencies and colleges offered him jobs but, he stuck to his job with the University, even though he paid less than others. This is because his main goal was to gain knowledge/experience/exposure in his field. Usually, this University’s contact cell examines the activities of other agencies and approves their formation. So, working here has helped him gain a lot of knowledge. Sherry has worked here for about two years.
Two years later, he decided to build his own company and take it to the next level, at the age of 28, Er. Sherry Rakhra has been awarded as the youngest Real Estate Engineer in North India by the INDIAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE.
He was also awarded one of their designs for the Clarion inn hotel in Patiala. He retained the old 2-story building and made it into seven stories without damaging the existing one and INDIAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE.
Rakhra Associates has about 20 employees with its 3000 square meter office building in the center of TRICITY (Chandigarh, Mohali & Panchkula). Within a period of 5 years, Rakhra Associates was able to rise to the top and become one of the top Consultancy building managers in North India.
Working with the DRDO, the team came up with one way to control the avalanche. It has a high wall that holds the impact of the avalanche and blocks it. This can bring back about 700 feet [200 m] of snow. This will be done in Manali soon.
Rakhra Associates also designed the Air traffic Control tower for AAI towers in Varanasi and AAI staff houses with (B + G + 11)